Connect with us
Top Banner Advert

CRIME

Police Recover Remains of Two Kidnapped Female Cameroonians in Anambra River

Published

on

By Praise Chinecherem

Anambra State Police Command said it has recovered two female decomposed bodies suspected to be victims of kidnapping in the state.

Police spokesperson, Tochukwu Ikenga who disclosed this on Saturday said the bodies were recovered in Omambala River in Anambra West Local Government Area by operatives in collaboration with professional river divers and local volunteers.

He said both bodies have been deposited in a mortuary for further examination and necessary investigative procedures.

Ikenga further disclosed that the Commissioner of Police, Ikioye Orutugu had ordered intensified search efforts to recover the remaining missing victim.

He said, “We wish to update the public on the ongoing investigation into the alleged kidnapping of three Cameroonian women in the State.

“Recall that Police investigators had earlier arrested two siblings, Nonso Augustine Akpeh โ€˜Mโ€™, 37 years old, and Kingsley Akpeh โ€˜Mโ€™, 44 years old, in connection with the crime. The suspect have been assisting operatives with vital information.

“In continuation of these efforts, on the evening of 28th November 2025, Police operatives attached to the Rapid Response Squad, Awkuzu, working in collaboration with professional river divers and local volunteers, conducted an intensive search along the Omambala River in Anambra West Local Government Area.

“During the operation, the team recovered two (2) female decomposed bodies believed to be victims of the kidnapping incident.

“The operatives immediately contacted the family of the kidnapped victims, who positively identified the recovered bodies as his wife Mrs. Bognou Alice and her niece, Miss Sandra.

“Both bodies have been deposited in a mortuary for further examination and necessary investigative procedures.

“To this end, the Commissioner of Police, CP Ikioye Orutugu, while extending his heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family and friends, has ordered intensified search efforts to recover the remaining missing victim.

“He has also directed all units involved to strengthen operational activities aimed at apprehending the third suspect, Uchenna Nicholas Mmadu, who is currently on the run, to ensure he faces the full weight of the law.

“The Commissioner further reassures the public of the Commandโ€™s unwavering commitment to protecting lives, maintaining security, and delivering justice.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *